martha canfield library

PO Box 267 • 528 East Arlington Road, Arlington, VT • 05250
802.375.6153 • martha_canfield_lib@hotmail.com

  • Tuesday — 9:00AM – 8:00PM
  • Wednesday — 9:00AM – 5:00PM
  • Thursday — 9:00AM – 8:00PM
  • Friday — 2:00PM – 6:00PM
  • Saturday — 10:00AM – 3:00PM

Russell Collection

Open 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Tuesdays or by appointment

MARTHA CANFIELD MEMORIAL LIBRARY
MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING

November 2, 2020

**Minutes are considered to be in DRAFT form until approved at the next scheduled meeting**

The Board meeting was held at the library and via video conference and was called to order at 7:02 PM

Board Members In attendance: Sheila Kearns, John Spencer, Laura Crosslin, Denise Koller, Brian Allen,
Betsy Habberfield, Carol Farley, Judy Steron
Staff: Phyllis Skidmore (Librarian), Bill Budde (Russell Collection)
Guests: None
Board Members Absent: Dave Van De Water, Don Trachte, Alyson Grzyb, Bill Henry
Public comment – there were no comments (and no public!)
There were no additions to the agenda

Minutes
-- Previous meeting’s minutes –Denise moved that we approve the October minutes with
changes that Judy was in attendance and a typo was corrected in the Minutes section
(removed the word “The”). Carol seconded. The motion passed unanimously.

Treasurer’s Report
-- Written report submitted
-- Nothing good or bad to report

Librarian’s Report
-- Written report submitted
-- People are starting to come into the library more often now
-- Virtual dance went well. Over 1,000 views. More than many other libraries.
-- 100 boxes of books were picked up. Still sorting more books

Russell Collection
-- Written report submitted
-- Zoom meeting with the Bennington Historical Society went well. About 15-20 people.
-- Bill received a basket for the basket raffle and will bring it in tomorrow.

Adult Programming
-- Phil Holland will do a presentation on Blacks in the Battle of Bennington on November 15th at 7PM. Advertising is in progress.
-- Discussed a Bank of Bennington presentation. Sheila suggested doing this after the holidays.

Old Business
-- Basket Raffle – need donations by 11/10 at the library – anything to do with chocolate.
-- Railing is scheduled to be installed in the next week or two.

New Business
-- Annual Fund Update – Brian reported that about 150 letters were at the printer and he will pick them up early next week and put stamps on them. We want to announce in social media that we are in the process of our Annual Fund. Also, we want to promote it on our website and update the website with the new “Pay” button which allows them to use credit cards without a PayPal account. Laura may need to involve Mark to help with some of these website changes. Denise offered to help as well.
-- Time to start discussing appropriations requests to the towns. Sheila’s initial thought is to leave it flat given the year, but we can discuss it at our next meeting. Phyllis hasn’t received any information from the towns yet. Denise or Sheila will look up what we requested last year and provide in advance of our next meeting.


Brian moved that we adjourn. Denise seconded. The motion was passed unanimously.
The meeting ended at 7:30 PM

Next Meeting: Monday December 7, 2020 @ 7 pm.

New Books

for all ages

clean-up

Click to see updated lists